Sunday, August 20, 2006

We were there for a good time, not a long time!!!



Well, we just finished our week of holidays. We had a great time. A nice visit with family from PEI for a couple of days started the week off perfectly. It was nice to see them again - the last time we were together, their 11 year old daughter was my Son's age! (7)

After that, we went to the sandbanks (just like Fish suggests... click here). That was an adventure! The original plan was to stay in Belleville overnight then spend the next day at the sandbanks in the sun and surf. However, when we entered the hotel a sign was posted saying their pool was out of order! That was disappointing seeing that we booked that one because of the pool for the kids. The staff were helpful though and suggested a nice economical resort right on the sandbanks. We called, made the reservations, and were off. After only 3 wrong turns we made it!!!

We all had a nice refreshing dip in the pool, checked out the beach, skipped stones, and went for a walk to explore. After supper from our cooler, we played tennis - all 4 of us! Dawson and Karsyn each made a great ball boy and girl and Robbin discovered that she actually enjoyed tennis! I'm gonna get us racquets and take it up. Dawson had a lot of fun as well. After tennis we were all tired out and went to the room for sleep to be rested for a big day at the beach. It proved to be a beautiful day. We swam at the pool, then took our picnic lunch to the beach for some fun in the sun. This was a short trip, but it was very relaxing and enjoyable.

I will post more soon - I promise!!!

5 comments:

David Warren Fisher said...

Way to go Brodie! Did you hear about the break in at the Sand Banks? No one was arrested because they didn't have any concrete evidence. Ha! Ha! Better curb my stupidity eh!

ellie said...

Way to go Poster-MAN! I'm so glad you had a nice vacation...

HEHEHEHE I just read David's comment.. Take care Brod-ster...

me

Anonymous said...

nice pix,looks and sounds like you had a great time. wish i coulda been with ya's for another water fight!!!

ellie said...

Hey Brod-me again.. Robbin looks gorgeous! Way to go Robbin! My pictures didn't load the first time I checked out that entry..

Lizzie

Anonymous said...

Hi Brodie,
Just browsing and enjoying your good site after our trip to Collingwood - to see the Induction of my middle daughter, Donna, as a Pastor today. Very exciting! Hope her Dad was looking down from Heaven to see that! Sure miss him at times like these. He loved his 3 daughters so much. My youngest and I went, while Karl had a lot of things to do in Ottawa this weekend. Busy days...
Blessings, Ann and Karl