Friday, December 02, 2005

New Features on "The Hope of His Calling..."

Looky looky to your righty. I've added a scripture of the week and quote of the week. This weeks scripture, being the first, happens to be my first "favourite" verse. I now have many favourites, but this one became my first favourite verse during a particularly frightening thunder and lightening storm in which I was home alone at the age of 12.

The power went out while I was watching a hockey game between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs that I had taped the night before (I wasn't allowed to stay up in those days!). Reed Larson had one of the hardest shots in the league for the Wings, and I think that Glen Hanlon was in goal. There was a young kid the announcers were raving about named Steve Yzerman. For the leafs, the starting goalie was Ken Wregget, the blueline was anchored by Borje Salming, and P.E.I.'s Rick Vaive led the charge with a kid named Wendel Clark who hit everything in sight!

Anyway, back to the storm... yes, it was the middle of the afternoon but it was still scary! When the power went off and everything was grey, flashing and booming outside, I went to my room and opened my Bible. I went to the back and looked up "fear" under topics and one of the verses was the one I posted. It has stuck with me ever since...

As for the quote, I thought it went along well with my recent post on procrastination. Enjoy, don't be shy to comment, and check back frequently for updates!

2 comments:

David Warren Fisher said...

Good stuff, Brodder the Blogger! Keep up the good work. I like the scripture and quote idea.

See...I'm not the only one with great ideas.

See you soon!

David

Anonymous said...

Was this the same storm where the transformer was hit by the McCarron's? And you saw the lighting go through the house by the stairs going downstairs?

Jill