Sunday, November 05, 2006

I am Here, and I am NOT Silent - "Return of the Blogger!"


That's me on the left and David on the right!










Yeah yeah, okay David - I'm back! My good friend and blogging mentor David Fisher has been going uncharacteristically easy on me since my last post on September 11th. However, in recent days he has turned up the heat and now today has publicly called me out on his blog. He is hoping for a response, so I'll give him what he wants! He is absolutely right - it is no longer "the first day of school" and almost 2 months without a post is way too long, not to mention almost certain blogicide. (there's a new one for your glossary of blogging terms David - "Blogicide: Allowing an inordinate amount of time to lapse between posts. This results in your readership losing interest and no longer stopping to check for new material, thereby virtually killing your blog".)

So, I need to build my blog back up! How do I do that? Well, one way is for David to announce to the world that I have new material. However, that is an unfair favour to ask after 1 post in 2 months. Instead I will ask him to give me 2 weeks to show that I can consistently post new material. 2 weeks from now, if I have 6 new posts, I think I can assert that I'm back and David can share the news with the world via Pilgrim Scribblings.... I know that is not close to David's prolific posting rate (which is more like 6 a day!) but that's as good as you'll get from me on a consistent basis.

I do have great fodder for new posts - anecdotes from the kids, Mom & Dad and sister Jilly visiting for a couple of weeks, thoughts and humour, new pics - Karsyn's first year at school, Dawson's hockey, Robbin's beauty, Calvary staff/board retreat, family visit etc. Lots going on, I'm just not taking the time to share it! Well, now I'll try... check back daily to see how I'm doing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brodie:

WAY TO GO, my dear friend! YOU DID IT! I'm impressed. Thanks for the coffee this morning, for surprising me by bringing Patrick to church and, most of all, for enduring my constant "bugging" so well. You're a good man!

I have to say that or Terry will get on my case. You ARE a great man and a wonderful friend though.

Love you a lot,

Big Fish

Anonymous said...

Brod,

So glad you're back. I love your blog...

I liked your "blogicide" comments too.

Hey Fish, you sound like a good friend. Glad you and Brodie have each other in this wild and woolly world!

Here's one for your readers...two mornings in a row Karsy woke up around 4am, tugging on my p.j. sleeve. The first morning her request was, in the sweetest voice I ever heard, "Aunt Jill, do you think you could try to stop snoring so I can sleep?" (apparently later in the day she yawned and said to mom "Oh Nannie, I'm so tired, aunt Jill kept me up all night snoring"!!!

The next morning she woke at 4 her request was "Aunt Jill, can I have my waffles now?"!!!

Love A.J.