Sunday, November 05, 2006

Starting Off Sloooowwwwwwly

I thought this would be a good way to get back in the swing of things - share someone else's writing instead of my own!!! I received this in an email from Pastor Frank Patrick at Calvary Church Peterborough. The author is one of my sisters favourites, and apparently one of Oprah's favourites as well. It's good stuff...

"Christian" by Maya Angelou

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin.
"I'm whispering "I was lost,"Now I'm found and forgiven.

When I say..."I am a Christian"
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need CHRIST to be my guide.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need HIS strength to carry on.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I still feel the sting of pain,
I have my share of heartaches So I call upon His name.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow.

~Maya Angelou~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brodie:

WOW! You're a 2 per day guy! I'll announce your return after 2 more posts! O. K.

Too bad you didn't have a camera at Ferndale this morning. You could have posted a picture of Patrick talking about "not perishing but having everlasting gum."

Keep blogging...

David

Terry said...

Brodie...David did a good job on you! This poem has brought tears into my eyes.
It is just outstanding.
If you don't mind, I am going to copy it out for Grampa Yade.

Go figure, just when you get back to blogging, that David Fisher creates ANOTHER blog for us to be checking out!

You know what I am thinking ,eh Brodie, that he figures if creates enough of them that there will be at least "ten and ONE more Brodie" commentators!
That will increase his numbers and well, he will be making anonymous comments to his own blogs too on the side, increasing them even more!
You know maybe we should rename that David Fisher to Jacob!! Ha!!....from Terry

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog entry, Brodie!!! Thanks for the mention ;)

I do love Maya Angelou...great writer.

Thanks.

Glad you're "back on the ice".

Sis