Friday, November 18, 2005

Mystery Solved Hockey Fans!!!

This post is for my buddies in my hockey pool. I sent them a "teaser" to entice them to check out my blog. We all wondered why the New Jersey Devils were wearing a "JM" patch on their Jerseys this year. Here is the info guys, taken from the New Jersey Devils Website - http://www.newjerseydevils.com Be sure to check out my other posts while you're here - comments are welcome!


DEVILS TO WEAR PATCH IN MEMORY OF DR. JOHN J. McMULLEN
East Rutherford, NJ – In memory of the late Dr. John J. McMullen, the New Jersey Devils this season will wear a special “JM” patch on the upper right-hand chest area of their jerseys, beginning with the October 5 season opener vs. the Pittsburgh Penguins. The announcement was made by Devils’ CEO/President/General Manager Lou Lamoriello.
Dr. McMullen passed away Friday, September 16, 2005. He brought the National Hockey League to New Jersey on May 27, 1982, by purchasing the Colorado Rockies, and transferring the franchise to the Meadowlands. Dr. McMullen owned the team until 2000.

1 comment:

David Warren Fisher said...

So brodie, what do you want me to comment about? The Devils? Well, one of my favorite hockey players suits up for them. His name? Jamie Langenbrunner!

On a more serious note, keep up the good work, Brodie! Next year I may even nominate you for a blogging award.

Your bud,

Daaaaaaaaaaaaave (as Patrick would say)