Monday, November 07, 2005

True Beauty...



Today I had the pleasure of enjoying lunch with my 3 year old daughter. Somewhere along the conversation, I said just out of the blue, "Karsy, you are so beautiful.". She replied, "Oh Daddy, you always say that.". I laughed then asked her if she wanted me to stop telling her that she is beautiful. She thought for a moment, then with furrowed brow answered, "No, you can tell me I'm beautiful on Mondays and Fridays". I will... but I'll keep telling her every single other day as well!

Remember that whether we want him to or not, God sees us as valuable and beautiful in His eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story rings so true to Karsyn's personality! She is one of the most cutest and whittiest children I know (matched only by her brother, Dawson). She has the sweetest personality and most beautiful smiles a child could have. I truly love her and miss her.

Aunt Jill

Anonymous said...

Brodie,
You may or may not remember I was once a director of Peterborough's crisis pregnancy centre. As I listened to the stories of broken lives and shattered dreams I began to realize there is a form of birth control not too many people realize. Little girls who grow up hearing from their Daddy just how beautiful they are and how precious they are in thier sight -don't- fall in love with the first guy who gives them attention. So, Daddy, keep saying those words to your little girl over and over again. I remember when you had such excitement for Craig and I when we found out we were expecting our second child. I knew then what this blog has only confirmed....that you will...and are...an awesome Dad!

Cynthia MacInnis
macinnisfamily4@sympatico.ca