Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Playing in the Shadow...


This morning I enjoyed a pleasant walk with my 3 year old daughter, Karsyn. It was a beautiful morning - crisp, clear, cool, bright, big, blue. I was struck with the blueness of the sky and pointed this out to Karsy saying, "look at the blue sky - no clouds this morning". She replied by pointing out the smallest wisp of cloud, barely noticeable without the aide of a telescope. As we continued, she began to play with our shadows - her little one running in and out of mine, which engulfed hers.

When she noticed that her's was completely hidden in mine, she began to walk at just the right angle to stay inside of mine and out of view. "Look Daddy, my shadow disappeared". I smiled, nodded and immediately thought of Ps.91:1 "Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty". I then came across Ps.17:7,8 "Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways. You save with your strength those who seek refuge from their enemies. Guard me as the apple of your eye. Hide me in the shadow of your wings."

I know my daughter feels secure, safe and protected while she is with me. She often seeks me out when she is afraid, or when she needs comforting, or sometimes just to cuddle because she wants to be with me. Do we do that with our Heavenly Father? We can... We must live there to find shelter there. We must seek him to find refuge and safety.

One last thing I noticed. While my daughter walked beside me, hiding her shadow in mine, anyone who looked at just the shadow would think there was only one person walking. Likewise, we are completely hidden in Christ. Oh that people would look at my walk and see Christ while I continue to traverse here... In the shadowlands.


4 comments:

David Warren Fisher said...

O. K. Brodie! This is a great start! Now you need to write your second "post". People out in cyperspace are depending on you!

Write on, dear brother!

David

David Warren Fisher said...

Brodster: Still eagerly awaiting with much anticipation!

Patrick & Ryan's Grandpa

David Warren Fisher said...

Hey man! What were you doing last night? My readers keep going to your link, find "one" post, and then come back to me and ask, "What's up with the Brodster?"

What should I tell them? That computer excuse is no longer valid. What did you do? Buy a field and you had to go and see it?
You got a wife? You had to................?

Come on, man!

Write on...Brodie!

<>< Big Fish <><

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your posts.
Brother Garfield's quote was good real good.